Q: Why do I need my air tested?
A: By doing an indoor and outdoor air test we will be able to determine if you have elevated levels of indoor air pollutants, including mold & mildew.
Q: Are indoor air pollutants dangerous?
A: The presence of certain mold and mold spores have been known to cause mild to severe health effects in humans (especially in infants & seniors) and can deteriorate the building materials in the dwelling resulting in structural damage.
Q: What are the effects of mold &, mildew?
A: Health effects can include but are not limited to: asthma, allergy symptoms, watery eyes, sneezing, difficulty breathing, sinus congestion, blurry vision, sore throat, dry cough, aches and pains, skin irritation, bleeding of the lungs, headaches, memory loss and fever.
Q: Will everyone in my home be affected in the same way?
A: As humans vary greatly in their chemical make up, so does an individuals reaction to mold exposure. For some people, a small number of mold spores can cause ill effects. In others it may take a much longer time.
Q: How often should I get tested?
The Environmental Institute recommends testing your home at least twice a year. The tests performed are only an indication of the actual conditions at the time the sampling has occurred. As conditions change over time, this is only an indication of the mold type tested for at the time of service.
Q: I have mold. Now what?
You should "remediated (repair cause, remove mold, clean, & repair damage) " The Midwest Mold Testing Specialist can guide you through this process or you may wish to seek additional advise of a certified industrial hygienist or an independent mold remediation specialist for further consultation.